• معدل تقييم المستوى :

• Redeem is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: The Story Thread
01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
A Brother like That

Shuaib received an automobile from his brother as a Eid present. On Eid day when Shuaib came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. “Is this your car, Uncle?” he asked. Shuaib nodded. “My brother gave it to me for Eid.” The boy was astounded.
“You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you nothing? Boy, I wish…” He hesitated. Of course Shuaib knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Shuaib all the way down to his heels. “I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.” Shuaib looked at the boy in astonishment, then impulsively he added, “Would you like to take a ride in my automobile?” “Oh yes, I’d love that.”
After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes aglow, said, “Uncle, would you mind driving in front of my house?” Shuaib smiled a little. He thought he knew what the lad wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that he could ride home in a big automobile. But Shuaib was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked. He ran up the steps. Then in a little while Shuaib heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled brother. He sat him down on the bottom step, then sort of squeezed up against him and pointed to the car.
“There she is, uncle, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Eid and it didn’t cost him a penny. And some day I’m gonna give you one just like it…then you can see for yourself all the pretty things in the Shop windows that I’ve been trying to tell you about.”
Shuaib got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Eid, Shuaib learned what the Rasul-Allah meant when he had said: “love for your brother what you love for yourself”.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 15-11-2007
  • المشاركات : 736
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
02-07-2009, 06:35 AM
When 24 hours in a day are not enough

A professor stood before his Philosophy class and held some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “yes”. The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
“Now”, said the professor as the laughter subsided, “ I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things-Allah, your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions - and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car. The sand is everything else - the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first”. He continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for things that are important to you”.
“Pay attention to the thing things that are critical to your happiness. Lead a life as a obedient creature of your Creator. Play with your children. Take time to get the medical check-ups. Take your spouse out. Play another game 18 hole at the golf course. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand”.
One of the students raised hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled, “I am glad you asked. It just goes to show that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend”.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
  • المشاركات : n/a
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
رد: The Story Thread
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Gog bless you brother.I promise myself to fellow every thing new of your writings..these stories are really wenderful and meaningful.
I am still looking for that friend who loves the others just like himself. most friends are selfish.friendship becomes very cold based only on reciprocal benifits.I mean faithful friends mostly don.t exist.
philosophy professor.s experience is very very important.we need it our whole life.
what a hard working student you are.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: رد: The Story Thread
06-07-2009, 11:43 AM
اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة أبوصلاح الدين مشاهدة المشاركة
Gog bless you brother.I promise myself to fellow every thing new of your writings..these stories are really wenderful and meaningful.
I am still looking for that friend who loves the others just like himself. most friends are selfish.friendship becomes very cold based only on reciprocal benifits.I mean faithful friends mostly don.t exist.
philosophy professor.s experience is very very important.we need it our whole life.
what a hard working student you are.

Salam Alaikum brother,
Reading my posts shows the good qualities you have.
My next story will be dedicated for you:)
May Allah bring you peace and happiness:):)
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
06-07-2009, 11:46 AM
True Friendship

A person came crying and weeping to Shaikh Shiblee Rahamatullahi alayh and said, ‘O Shaikh, I have destroyed myself; make du’aa for me that may Allah take me away from this world.’
People, whose relationship with Allah is strong, will never ever dream of committing suicide. Those people who enjoy the pleasures of this world; alcohol, drug, women, dubbing, etc., they are the people who will ultimately, want to commit suicide because they will get sick of this world. Those who enjoy the pleasures of this world by committing sins will be surrounded by problems from all four sides. They have brought these problems upon themselves through disobedience to Allah Ta’aalaa.
Such people begin to feel they will only find peace, if they are dead. An Urdu poet has said: Now out of fear you desire to die (But) even after death, if you do not find peace, where will you go?
Now, overpowered by calamities and problems, you desire to die and you consider death a solution to all your problems, but if, after death, you do not find peace in the grave, if you do not find peace on the Day of Qiyaamah, if you do not find peace on the Pul Siraat and you are deprived of entry in Jannah, then where will you go?
So the person said to Shaikh Shiblee, ‘I have a big problem. Make du’aa that may Allah Ta’aalaa take me away from this world.’
The Shaikh said, ‘Calm down, take it easy, what is the problem?’ He replied, ‘I had a very close friend, and I loved him very much. We were friends for a very long time. He sacrificed everything for me and I sacrificed everything for him. I had never thought that he will ever leave me but he has left me. Now my heart is empty. I cannot survive without him. I love him so much that I want him back, and if I cannot have him back, then I want to die.’
The Shaikh soothed him and asked him to calm down saying, ‘Look, there is no need to lose hope. Why do you want to die when there is a solution to your problem?’
He quickly said, very happily, ‘Tell me what is the solution, tell me quickly! Since he has left me I have not been eating, drinking or sleeping. There is no joy in my life. Please tell me quickly.’
The Shaikh replied, ‘The only way to forget a friend who has left you is to make a new friend.’ He said, ‘O Shaikh, after ten to fifteen years of loyal friendship, he has left me and I am suffering. And you are telling me to make a new friend. I fear that if the same thing happens, then what will become of me.’
Shaikh Shiblee said, ‘What if I find you a friend who will never leave you. In fact, if you are disloyal to him and after years of disloyalty, you go back to him saying O my friend! Forgive me. I want to be your friend again, he will immediately accept you again as a friend.’ He said, ‘O Shaikh! Show me this friend! Who is this friend that is so loyal.’
The Shaikh replied, ‘Turn to Allah and make friendship with Him.’
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
11-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Importance of Saying Insha-Allah

During a Jumah Khutbah in a small town, an Imam talked about the significance of saying “Insha Allah” (which means if Allah wills) when planning to do something in the future. After a few days, a man who had also attended the Khutbah was going to buy a cow from the market. On the way, he met a friend who asked him where he was going. He told him about buying the cow but did not say Insha Allah in the end. His friend reminded him about the Khutbah and told him to say Insha Allah. However, this individual said that he had the money he needs and the energy to go to the market, thus, there is no point of saying Insha Allah as he will certainly buy the cow. He thought that saying Insha Allah will not make any difference.
When he reached the market, he found a cow that met his expectations. He burgained with the seller and came to a reasonable price. Finally, he decided to pay for the cow but was dumbfounded when he discovered that his money was missing. A thief had stolen the money while he was walking through the busy market. The cow seller asked him whether he was going to buy the cow or not. “Insha Allah, I will buy it next week,” he said. When he reached home, his wife inquired about the cow. He told her about how he forgot to say Insha Allah, and also added, “Insha Allah, I wanted to buy the cow. But Insha Allah, my money was stolen. Insha Allah, I will buy it next week.” His wife clarified to him that we should say Insha Allah for things that are yet to happen, not for those things that had already happened. He never forgot his “Insha Allah” again.
This incident was narrated by Shaikh Wahidullah from Toronto, Canada.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
12-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Brick and the Jaguar

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.
As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead a brick smashed into the Jag’s side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown.
The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, “What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That’s a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost me a lot of money. Why did you do it?”
The young boy was apologetic. “Please mister. . . . please, I’m sorry.
I didn’t know what else to do. I threw the brick because no one else would stop” With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. “It’s my brother. He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can’t lift him up.”
Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive “Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He’s hurt and he’s too heavy for me.”
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the lump in his throat. He lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his handkerchief and wiped at the fresh scrapes and cuts. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar.
The damage was very noticeable but the driver never repaired the dented side door. There are many lessons in this story; but he kept the dent to remind him of this message:
Don’t go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention. Everyday we are reminded of the ‘whispers’ of our experiences around us. When our Creator has blessed us with ’sight’; then why do we continue life blindly. Sometimes when we don’t take the time to take heed, A ‘brick’ is thrown at us ; so that we may take lessons therefrom.
Listen to the ‘whisper’…….. or wait for the ‘brick’…
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
13-07-2009, 12:32 PM
The Lion & The Fly

Shaykh Ibn Ata’allah al-Iskandari said:
The person who pays too much attention to the life of this world while neglecting to prepare for the life to come is like a man being attacked by a lion. Imagine that the lion is poised to pounce upon him when a fly suddenly lands on his nose. If the man stopped to swat the fly instead of fending off the lion, wouldn’t he be an idiot? He must have lost his sense of reason! If he had a grain of reasoning power, he would certainly pay attention to the imminent onslaught of the lion with its deadly pounce while ignoring the disturbance of a mere fly. If people grow preoccupied with their lives in this world and neglect to prepare for the life to come, it proves that they, too, are idiots. If they had any understanding, insight and reasoning power, they would get ready for the upcoming life after death. That is their ultimate responsibility. For this they will each be held accountable. They should hardly be preoccupied with matters of material provision. Concern for material goods in comparison to concern for spiritual health is like the taking care of the annoying fly instead of the impending pounce of the deadly lion. Idiot!
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
  • المشاركات : n/a
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
رد: The Story Thread
14-07-2009, 12:20 AM
always you bring wenderful stories.you offer great service to us.
it seems to me you know Arabic well since you mention the story of true friendship with chykh acha.bi
the famous arabic writer Arrafii had rewrote the story with very poetic style and beautiful meanings in his book entitled(revelation of the pen )
also.the last story has confirmed a basic idea in my mind that life is just a short step and the real life is after death.most of people fall down in continuose heedlessness.they are very occupied with fly and give no attention to the lion.
really .they are idiot.
my great thanks.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: رد: The Story Thread
14-07-2009, 08:55 AM
اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة أبوصلاح الدين مشاهدة المشاركة
always you bring wenderful stories.you offer great service to us.
it seems to me you know Arabic well since you mention the story of true friendship with chykh acha.bi
the famous arabic writer Arrafii had rewrote the story with very poetic style and beautiful meanings in his book entitled(revelation of the pen )
also.the last story has confirmed a basic idea in my mind that life is just a short step and the real life is after death.most of people fall down in continuose heedlessness.they are very occupied with fly and give no attention to the lion.
really .they are idiot.
my great thanks.
Salam Alaikum brother,
I am keen on reading:) This is what I usually do in my leisure.
During the last two years, I have collected the best words I have read like stories, drops of wisdom, poetry...ect.
I would love to share them with other people since it is useful and not gonna waste your time but it will upgrade your knoweldge:)
I know Arabic very well cause I'm an Algerian, as I said before I am an English graduated student.
I have spent the last four years in reading English books.
I have posted a story wich conveys the same meaning of what you have mentioned:) Check the stroy of :"
When 24 hours in a day are not enough"
May Allah bring you peace and happiness
التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Redeem ; 14-07-2009 الساعة 08:59 AM
مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

الساعة الآن 08:58 AM.