• معدل تقييم المستوى :

• Redeem is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
The Story Thread
10-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Salam Alaikum
This thread will be updated almost everyday by a new story. A story that will teach you a lesson, so if you like the story, just spread the word:=)

The Pencil Story

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.

"There are 5 things you need to know," he told the pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be."

"One:
You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand."

"Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil."

"Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make."

"Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside."

"And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write."

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you'll need it to become a stronger person.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside.

And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.

Allow this parable on the pencil to encourage you to know that you are a special person and only you can fulfill the purpose to which you were born to accomplish.

Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot make a change.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 15-11-2007
  • المشاركات : 736
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: The Story Thread
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Desire

An emperor was coming out of his palace for his morning walk when he met a beggar. He asked the beggar, “What do you want?”
The beggar laughed and said, “You are asking me as though you can fulfill my desire!”
The king was offended. He said, “Of course I can fulfill your desire. What is it? Just tell me.”

And the beggar said, “Think twice before you promise anything.”

“I will fulfill anything you ask. I am a very powerful emperor, what can you possibly desire that I can not give to you?”
The beggar said, “It is a very simple desire. You see this begging bowl? Can you fill it with something?”
The emperor said, “Of course!” He called one of his viziers and told him, “Fill this mans begging bowl with money.” The vizier went and got some money and poured it into the bowl, and it disappeared. And he poured more and more, and the moment he would pour it, it would disappear. And the beggging bowl remained always empty.
The whole palace gathered. By and by the rumor went throughout the whole capital, and a huge crowd gathered. The prestige of the emperor was at stake. He said to his viziers, “If the whole kingdom is lost, I am ready to lose it, but I cannot be defeated by this beggar.”
Diamons and pearls and emeralds, his treasuries were becoming empty.The begging bowl seemed to be bottomless. Everything that was put into it — everything! — immediately disappeared, went out of existence. Finally it was the evening, and the people were standing there in utter silence. The king dropped at the fet of the beggar and admitted his defeat. he said, “Just tell me one thing. You are victorious - but before you leave, just fulfill my curiousity. What is the beging bowl made of?”
The beggar laughed and said, “It is made up of the human mind. There is no secret. It is simple made up of human desire.”
This understanding transforms life. Go into one desire — what is the mechanism of it? First there is a great excitement, great thrill, adventure. you feel a great kick. Somehting is going to happen, you are on the verge of it. And then you have the car, you have the yacht, you have the house, you have the woman, and suddenly all is meaningless again.
What happens? Your mind has dematerialised it. The car is standing in the drive, but there is no excitement anymore. The excitement was only in getting it. You became so drunk with the desire thah you forgot your inner nothingness. Now the desire is fulfilled, the car in the drive, the woman in your bed, the money in your bank account - again excitement disappears. Again the emptiness is there, ready to eat you up. Again you have to create another desire to escape this yawning abyss.
That’s how one moves from one desire to another desire. That’s how one remains a beggar. Your whole life proves it again and again — every desire frustrates. And when the goal is achieved, you will need another desire.
The day you understand that desire as such is going to fail comes the turning point in your life.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
16-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Better to Give

A young man, a student in one of the universities, was one day taking a walk with a Professor, who was commonly called the student’s friend, from his kindness to those who waited on his instructions.
As they went along,they saw lying in the path a pair of old shoes, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by,and who had nearly finished his day’s work.
The student turned to the professor, saying: “Let us play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them.”
“My young friend,” answered the professor, “we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him.”
The student did so and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.
While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes, but feeling something hard, he stooped down to feel what it was, and found the coin. Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance. He gazed upon the coin, turned it around, and looked at it again and again.
He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen. He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.
His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to the heavens and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving in which he spoke of his wife who was sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from some unknown hand,would save from perishing.
The student stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. “Now,” said the professor, are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?”
The youth replied, “You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I feel now the truth of these words, which I never understood before: “It’s more blessed to give than to receive.”
Abdullah bin Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallAllahu alaiyhi wassallam) said that encouraging good, prohibiting evil, lifting the burden of the weak person and removing an offensive thing from a path are all acceptable prayers to Allah.
[ibn Majah]
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
17-05-2009, 02:40 PM
The Fisherman

An investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The investment banker complimented the fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.
The fisherman replied, “Only a little while.”
The investment banker then asked, “Why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?”
The fisherman said, “With this I have more than enough to support my family’s needs.”
The investment banker then asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”
The fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, stroll into the village each evening and spend time with my family, I have a full and busy life.”
The investment banker scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing; and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat: With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor; eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to a big town and eventually to the the city where you will run your ever-expanding enterprise.”
The fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”
To which the investment banker replied, “15 to 20 years.”
“But what then?” asked the fisherman.
The investment banker laughed and said that’s the best part. “When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”
“Millions?…Then what?”
The investment banker said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings and spend time with your family.”
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
30-05-2009, 10:05 AM
What a Bad Servant we are!

Hasan al-Basree rahimahullaah
From Ghunyat-ut-Talibeen of Shaykh ‘Abdul-Qaadir al-Jeelaani rahimahullaah
Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah bestow His mercy upon him)] said:
“What a bad servant [of the Lord] is he! I am speaking of a servant who fits the following description:
1. He asks for forgiveness (maghfirah), while he is actively engaged in sinful disobedience (ma’siya).
2. He behaves in a humbly submissive manner, so that he may be credited with loyalty (amana), but he is only pretending, to hide his disloyalty (khiyanah).
3. He forbids what is wrong, but does not refrain from it himself.
4. He enjoins what is right, but does not act upon his own instructions.
5. If he gives, he does so very stingily, and if he withholds, he offers no apology.
6. If he is in the best of health, he feels secure, but if he falls sick, he becomes remorseful.
7. If he is impoverished, he feels sad, and if he gets rich, he is subject to temptation.
8. He hopes for salvation, but does not act accordingly.
9. He is afraid of punishment, but takes no precautions against it.
10. He wishes to receive more benefit, but he does not give thanks [for what he has received].
11. He likes the idea of spiritual reward, but he does not practice patience.
12. He expedites sleep and postpones fasting”
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Unfaithful
Unfaithful
عضو فعال
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 01-04-2009
  • الدولة : Algeria
  • المشاركات : 193
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

• Unfaithful is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية Unfaithful
Unfaithful
عضو فعال
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: رد: The Story Thread
31-05-2009, 02:14 PM
اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Unfaithful مشاهدة المشاركة
thanx a lot brother
icon30
You're most welcome, sister=)
Allah bless you:=)
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
31-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Give Your Parents Roses While The’re Alive, Not Dead

MY mom only had one eye. I hated her… she was such an embarrassment.
My mom ran a small shop at a flea market. She collected little weeds and
such to sell… anything for the money we needed she was such an
embarrassment.

There was this one day during elementary school… It was field day, and
my mom came. I was so embarrassed.

How could she do this to me? I threw her a hateful look and ran out.
The next day at school… “your mom only has one eye?!?!”…And they taunted me. I wished that my mom would just disappear from this world so I said to my mom, “mom… Why don’t you have the other eye?! If you’re only going to make me a
laughingstock, why don’t you just die?!!!” my mom did not respond…
I guess I felt a little bad, but at the same time, it felt good to think
that I had said what I’d wanted to say all this time… maybe it was
because my mom hadn’t punished me, but I didn’t think that I had hurt her
feelings very badly. That night… I woke up, and went to the kitchen to get a
glass of water. My mom was crying there, so quietly, as if she was afraid that
she might wake me.

I took a look at her, and then turned away. Because of the thing I had
said to her earlier, there was something pinching at me in the corner of my
heart. Even so, I hated my mother who was crying out of her one eye. So
I told myself that I would grow up and become successful. Because I hated
my one-eyed mom and our desperate poverty… then I studied real hard. I left my mother and came to Seoul and studied, and got accepted in the Seoul University with all the confidence I had. Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. Then I had kids, too…

Now I’m living happily as a successful man. I like it here because it’s a
place that doesn’t remind me of my mom. This happiness was getting bigger and
bigger, when… what?! Who’s this …it was my mother… still with her one eye. It felt as if the whole sky was falling apart on me. My little girl ran away, scared of my mom’s eye.
And I asked her, “who are you?!” “I don’t know you!!!” as if trying to
make that real. I screamed at her,” How dare you come to my house and scare
my daughter!” “GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!” and to this, my mother quietly answered, “oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,” and she disappeared out of sight. Thank goodness… she doesn’t recognize me… I was quite relieved. I told myself that I wasn’t going to care, or think about this for the rest of my
life.

Then a wave of relief came upon me…
One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So, lying to my wife that I was going on a business trip, I went. After the reunion, I went down to the old shack, that I used to call a house…just out of curiosity there, I found my mother fallen on the cold ground. But I did not shed a single tear. She had a piece of paper in her hand…. it was a letter to me.

My son… I think my life has been long enough now… And… I won’t visit Seoul anymore… but would it be too much to ask if I wanted you to come visit me once in a while? I miss you so much… and I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I decided not to go to the school. …for you… and I’m sorry that I only have one eye, and I was an embarrassment for you.
You see, when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. as a mom, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye… so I gave you mine… I was so proud of my son that was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.
I was never upset at you for anything you did… the couple times thatyou were angry with me, I thought to myself, ‘it’s because he loves me…’ my son. Oh, my son… I don’t want you to cry for me, because of my death. My son, I love you my son, I love you so much.

I LOVE YOU MOM:=)
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
How Kind is Allah !

There lived an idolator in the past who made an idol out of stone and would worship it everyday. He would call it upon it by saying “Ya Sanam.” For seventy years, he worshipped this idol. One day by mistake he uttered “Ya Samad” instead of Ya Sanam. Samad is a name of Allah which means The Self Sufficient Master. Allah Ta’ala immediately replied back to this idolator by saying “I am present oh My slave.” The angels asked Allah why He replied to him since he didn’t even call upon Him intentionally. Allah told the angels that for seventy years I have been waiting for this servant of mine to turn towards Me!
If a mother has only one child then how much would she love him? He would be the coolness of her eyes and the comfort of her heart. But if this son calls her saying “Mommy” more than four or five times, she would get irritated eventhough she loves him more than her ownself. On the other hand, when we call Allah once, He replies back to us 70 times by saying “Labbaik Ya Abdi (I am here oh My slave).” How unfortunate we are that we have not recognized our Allah who is so Kind, Merciful and Forgiving.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
The Wise Woman’s Stone

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him, she did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
“I have been thinking,” he said, “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”
مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

الساعة الآن 12:36 AM.