• معدل تقييم المستوى :

• Redeem is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: The Story Thread
08-08-2009, 01:04 PM
A Robbers Advice

That is why the experience of Imam Ghazali (r.a.) is a valuable lesson.

Having completed his studies, Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was en route back home. On the way the caravan in which he was travelling was waylaid by robbers. Together with his co-travellers, Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was dispossessed of all his goods. Amongst his possessions were the carefully written notes of the lectures delivered by his ustads. These notes were also taken by the robbers. Imam Ghazali (r.a.) sought out the leader of the band of robbers and pleaded with him: “Your men have taken all my possessions except for the clothes I wear. You may keep the extra clothes and other valuables - I do not lament their loss. However, please ask your men to return the papers they have taken.”
The leader of the band of robbers was amazed at this unusual request. This young man was not worried about clothes and valuables, but he was asking for some pieces of paper to be returned!
Very curious, he asked: “What papers are these?”
Imam Ghazali (r.a.) explained: “I am a student returning home after completing my studies. When my teachers used to lecture, I used to make notes. These are those very pages of ‘ilm that I am requesting to be returned to me.”
The leader of the robbers said, “What you have just said fills me with great sorrow and regret. Young lad! Is your ‘ilm on pieces of paper when it should have been in your heart? Papers can get lost. Papers can be destroyed by fire, become parched by the sun, get eaten by moths, become damaged with damp, etc., etc. You are dependent on papers? It fills me with great pity. Your ‘ilm should be in your heart! Be that as it may, your papers will be returned.”
He summoned one of his men and ordered him, “Give back to this boy his papers.” The notes were retrieved and returned to Imam Ghazali (r.a.).
Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was of noble character. He was, moreover, a dedicated student. The words of the gang-leader were like a knife piercing his heart. On reaching home, he lost no time in memorising all his notes!
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
  • المشاركات : n/a
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
رد: The Story Thread
08-08-2009, 06:06 PM
some times we may get wisdom from analphabits.because wisdom is result of long experiences.
since you mention robbers i remember two important stories
it is said that the scholar abderlkader aljilani was a child among a caraventhat was attacked by robbers.
the robbers asked him(do you have money?
yes .he answered
how much?they asked
forty dinars.he answerd the robbers get astonished why did you tell us the truth?they asked.
because my mother advised me not to tell lies
the headmaster said to himself(this is a child felow s his mother.s orders and i am a man disobey my God.s orders)so he blamed himself then he decided to stop robbery and repenting to God.the same thing did his fellowers.
it was a great lesson from innocent child
also .it is said ther was a caraven attacked by robbers.the robbers took all caraven supplies.among these supplies ther was food.the robbers started eating . they asked their chief to eat .he said(i am fasting)one of the caraven said(you are head of robbers and you are fasting how that
the head said (i let always a link between me and my God i may repent at any time
after a long time that man of the caraven met this head in Macca performing his peligrimage(i have told you that link made me going back to Him)the head robbers said.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
رد: The Story Thread
08-08-2009, 06:08 PM
some times we may get wisdom from analphabits.because wisdom is result of long experiences.
since you mention robbers i remember two important stories
it is said that the scholar abderlkader aljilani was a child among a caraventhat was attacked by robbers.
the robbers asked him(do you have money?
yes .he answered
how much?they asked
forty dinars.he answerd the robbers get astonished why did you tell us the truth?they asked.
because my mother advised me not to tell lies
the headmaster said to himself(this is a child felow s his mother.s orders and i am a man disobey my God.s orders)so he blamed himself then he decided to stop robbery and repenting to God.the same thing did his fellowers.
it was a great lesson from innocent child
also .it is said ther was a caraven attacked by robbers.the robbers took all caraven supplies.among these supplies ther was food.the robbers started eating . they asked their chief to eat .he said(i am fasting)one of the caraven said(you are head of robbers and you are fasting how that
the head said (i let always a link between me and my God i may repent at any time
after a long time that man of the caraven met this head in Macca performing his peligrimage(i have told you that link made me going back to Him)the head robbers said.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 15-11-2007
  • المشاركات : 736
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
13-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Don’t judge too quickly

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.
The second son said no it was covered with green buds and full of promise.
The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.
The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree’s life.

He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.

Lessons:
- Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
- Don’t judge life by one difficult season.
- Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
14-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Put the Glass Down

A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students, ‘How much do you think this glass weighs?’
‘50 gms!’ …. ‘100 gms!’ …… ‘125 gms’ …… the students answered.
‘I really don’t know unless I weigh it,’ said the professor, ‘but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?’
‘Nothing’ the students said.
‘Ok! What would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?’ the professor asked.
‘Your arm would begin to ache’, said one of the students.
‘You’re right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?’
‘Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress and paralysis and have to go to hospital for sure!’ ventured another student; and all the students laughed.
‘Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?’ asked the professor.
‘No’
‘Then what caused the arm ache and the muscle stress?’ The students were puzzled.
‘Put the glass down!’ said one of the students.
‘Exactly!’ said the professor. ‘Life’s problems are something like this. Hold it for a few minutes in your head and they seem okay. Think of them for a long time and they begin to ache. Hold it even longer and they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything’.
‘It’s important to think of the challenges (problems) in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to have trust in Allah (swt) and to ‘put them down’ at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh and strong and can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!’
So, as it becomes time for you to leave office today, Remember friend to ‘PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY’ and have tranquility by putting trust in Almighty Allah (swt).
Holy Quran: “He it is who sent down tranquility into the hearts of the believers that they might have more faith added to their faith”. (48:4) Tranquility is sign of strong faith while worries and stress is sign of weak faith.
Tell to your mind every day before you go to sleep:

“O soul that is at rest satisfied. Return to your Lord well-pleased (with Him), well-pleasing (Him). So, enter among My servants, and enter into my Paradise”.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
17-08-2009, 11:17 AM
A Cup of Water

A famous sufi Sheikh once visited the Caliph Harun al-Rashid, and when he entered his presence the caliph asked him if he wanted anything. The Sheikh said that he only desired a simple cup of water.

When the cup of water was given to the sheikh he asked the Caliph, “what would you give if no water was available to you and you are forced to trade for this one cup of water?”

Harun al-Rashid replied, “I most certainly would give at the very least half of my kingdom”

The Sheikh then said, “and what would you give if you were not able to release the waste of that water from your body unless you traded something for it?”

The Caliph said, “I would certainly give the other half of my kingdom”

The Sheikh smiled and told the Caliph, “It is God that controls both these things, so what is the worth of all your kingdom if it can be so easily traded for a simple cup of water”.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
أبوصلاح الدين
زائر
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: رد: The Story Thread
22-08-2009, 02:47 PM
اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة أبوصلاح الدين مشاهدة المشاركة
mr.Zanaz
God bless you
i expect very hopeful future for you because you work hard
your stories mean many things for me
don.t judge for the first sight
hte upheaval of life obstacles is often imbearable you must put it aside.
the whole life means nothing if we compre it with the least blessing of God.
Allah bless you too, brother:)
Let us see the other side of the coin. The other side says that you're a good, kind-hearted and friendly person.
May Allah brng you peace and happiness.
I'll post a story a soon as possible.
Peace :)
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
22-08-2009, 05:21 PM
The Room

In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in a room. There were no distinguishing features save for the one wall covered with small index-card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endlessly in either direction, had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read “People I Have Liked.” I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one.
And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.
This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalogue system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory could not match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.
A file named “Friends” was next to one marked “Friends I Have Betrayed.” The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird. “Books I Have Read,” “Lies I Have Told,” “Comfort I Have Given,” “Jokes I Have Laughed At.”
Some were almost hilarious in their exactness: “Things I’ve Yelled at My Brothers.”
Others I couldn’t laugh at: “Things I Have Done in My Anger,” “Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents.” I never ceased to be surprised by the contents. Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped.
I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in my 30 years to write each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.
When I pulled out the file marked “Songs I Have Listened To,” I realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were packed tightly, and yet after two or three yards, I hadn’t found the end of the file. I shut it, ashamed, not so much by the quality of music, but more by the vast amount of wasted time I knew that file represented.
When I came to a file marked “Lustful Thoughts,” I felt a chill run through my body. I pulled the file out only an inch, not willing to test its size, and drew out a card. I shuddered at its detailed content. I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recorded.
An almost animal rage broke on me. One thought dominated my mind: “No one must ever see these cards! No one must ever see this room! I have to destroy them!”
In an insane frenzy I yanked the file out. Its size didn’t matter now. I had to empty it and burn the cards. But as I took it at one end and began pounding it on the floor, I could not dislodge a single card. I became desperate and pulled out a card, only to find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it. Defeated and utterly helpless, I returned the file to its slot. Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long, self-pitying sigh.
And then I saw it.
The title bore “Time I Have Spent in Learning About Allah and His Tawheed”. The handle was brighter than those around it, newer, almost unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box not more than three inches long fell into my hands. The cards in it were so few, so inadequate, that I could count them on just one hand! And the amount of time I had spent in learning about Allah, in understanding His Tawheed, in studying the correct Islamic Aqeedah - the time I had spent on all this was so tiny, so miniscule and irrelevant that I was embarrassed beyond words . . .
It was then that the tears came. I began to weep. Sobs so deep that the hurt started in my stomach and shook through me. I fell on my knees and cried. I cried out of shame, from the over-whelming shame of it all. The rows of file shelves swirled in my tear-filled eyes. No one must ever, ever know of this room.
I must lock it up and hide the key.
مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

الساعة الآن 01:29 PM.