L o v e
29-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Story (5) By: Ibrahim S. Nadir
L o v e
Translated by : Qahtan F. AL-Khatib / Iraq

Three nights and the grandfather (Shalan) was bedridden moaning from rheumatoid arthritis due to a sudden cold that crippled him and made him stay at home without going to the temple. His bone was feeble. His head turned hoary. The virtuous man increased the number of invocation and doxology saying: (Oh God. You are my supporter and recovery. Recuperate me and pardon me. By your mercy I appeal for help). When his absence was long, the temple head as well as the prayers missed him and paid him a visit to be assured about his health wishing him good health and rapid recovery.
By Ibrahim S. Nadir
(Khalid) returned from school and immediately came in to see his grandfather lying on his bed. After saluting him, he asked him:
-Thanks God. Today you look better, grandfather.
-God willing if all goes well, son. Replied the grandfather.

When (Khalid) started up to go out, his grandfather asked him to stop. He gave him a tin of confectionery kept by him. (Khalid) thanked his grandfather and kissed his hand. Then he departed to his room to revise his lessons. While walking, he came across his sister (Selma) and presented her the tin saying:
-This confectionery is a gift to you from me, my dear sister.

(Selma) took the tin very gladly thanking her brother for his love to her. While she was walking, she saw her mother from the window hanging the washing in the house garden. She said to herself:
-My mother toils, labors all day long. She cooks, cleans the house, washes the clothes, prepares our necessaries and stays up to comfort us during the period of my father’s work abroad. How lovely presenting my mother this tin of confectionery is !

(Selma) waited for her mother’s return. She met her mother by the door. Her mouth shone with a sweet smile.
-This gift is from me, mother. You are more worthy of it than I am. Mother thanked her daughter wishing her happiness and success.

When she heard the afternoon call to prayer, (Ali) entered the house coming back from the kindergarten. He told his mother that his classmates clapped him on reciting the Koran Text (AL-Dhuha), He read it aloud without a mistake. Mother was pleased with the superiority of her young child. She presented him the tin of confectionery. When he started up to open it, he remembered his sick grandfather. He went to him in his room asking about his health. (Ali) saluted his grandfather saying:
-How are you, grandfather ?
-Very well, thanks God, son. Replied the grandfather.

He approached his grandfather’s bed and whispered jestingly:
-I’ve brought you this confectionery, grandfather. You will recover with God willing.

The grandfather smiled and praised God for his boon saying:
-What a pleasant life this happy Moslem family whose members’ hearts are linked by affection and who are delighted by faith so that concurrence and accord can prevail !

Thus the tin of confectionery was circulated among all family members. Each one of them preferred the other to himself. The tin of confectionery returned to the hand that presented it firstly. The grandfather divided the tin among them. The whole family members were happy by his recovery.