Lifetime ........... in Three Days
29-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Short Story (4) By: Ibrahim S. Nadir
Lifetime ........... in Three Days
Translated by : Qahtan F. AL-Khatib / Iraq
Excursion ...........
They were both sitting in a field. “She is marvelous.” said he to himself. “The world would be Paradise if I lived with her.” He gave her a piece of roasted fish and she cried laughing :
“Oh ........... It is hot.”

Both of them ate the fish with strange appetite then stood up. She mischievously ran homewards towards her family. But he was nervous. So he ran after her and seized her before she entered the yellow tent near the small river. He was burnt by a desire when his hand touched a soft orange in her breast. He put his lips on her mouth similar to a rose bud and then ran away looking backwards out of breath at an enough distance. She was standing in her place. She did not get angry but she was a little bit surprised. She was smiling.

Predicament ...........
Three other years and the curtain opens.
- “Nora.”
- “Yes, darling.”
- “Are you scared ?” Nora looked scared but she said, “I am not scared when you are close to me. But it was insanity. We are in a predicament. I can not wait. I lost patience.” She looked into his eyes imploring. She was stuck to him so as to melt his ice. She was repentant. But it is too late !
“This man has to surrender. Otherwise .... drowned. There is only one way to kill the scandal.” Nora walks with her eyes wide open without shame. She didn’t care whether he loved her or not.

The angle of falling
Other years pass, the curtain is lowered .... negligently
... colorlessly before meeting half of the curtain ....
“This is no life.”
-“We could live better if you didn’t drink.”
-You are the reason for all this .....

I was making myself a future.
Suddenly .... The princess of dreams appeared.
Ha .... a .... a ....
All of the sudden he became angry.
-I will drink and drink and drink.
I have no future.
You cheated me. I was trapped like any donkey. I
loved life .... I want to be .... !
Ouch .... Ouch .... pulling his hair violently.
He keeps on raving.
A shadow of a woman sneaked quietly. Things die. The
worn-out curtain falls down.