• معدل تقييم المستوى :

• Redeem is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
Re: The Story Thread
23-05-2010, 11:23 AM
The Story of an African King and His Friend

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, “This is good, Allah Almighty knows best”
One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb was blown off.
Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, “This is good! Allah Almighty knows best.”
To which the King replied, “No, this is NOT good!” and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.
About a year later, the King was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake.
As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of the village.
When the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.
“You were right” the King said, “It was good that my thumb was blown off.” And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. “I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this.”
“No,” his friend replied, “this is good…Allah Almighty knows best”
“What do you mean, ‘this is good’! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?”
The King’s friend replied: “Remember that the Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip.”
“He knows what is before them and what is behind them: And to Allah go back all questions (for decision)”
Qur’an: Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome!
Although the decisions of Allah Ta’alah may seem harsh to us, they are full of wisdom
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
MedBelkhier
عضو فعال
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 05-04-2009
  • الدولة : بشار الجزائر
  • المشاركات : 109
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

• MedBelkhier is on a distinguished road
MedBelkhier
عضو فعال
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 15-11-2007
  • المشاركات : 736
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Gifts of memory

Once, there lived a young man. He was very dear to his sister and to his Mother.
He had the blessing of both his Mother and sister being wonderful cooks; which was fortunate, for he loved their wonderful dishes. This family greatly enjoyed giving gifts to one another, especially at birthdays. They had quite perfected the art of it, giving gifts that neither would have purchased for themselves, but that were always just what the other wanted. A beautiful painting for the sister who loved art, a crisp white tunic for the mother who loved simplicity, a deposit on a wonderful apartment for the maturing young man. But, as always happens, Allah turns the tide and the once robust finances of the small family became very meager. Well, the young man’s birthday was fast approaching and the Mother and sister thought about what they could purchase for him. “I have too little to purchase something on my own” said the Mother.” “…..the same with me” said the sister.
They looked at one another quickly, both bestowed with the same idea. “If we put our monies together……..” they said. But still it was not much. “What can we buy…..” the sister wondered allowed. But the Mother went in another direction “…….no daughter, what can we make!” You see, almost every day the young man visited either his Mother or his sister and ate dinner with them before going home to his appartment. It was too much bother after he returned home from work to even think about cooking, and when he did try, it never turned out like his families’ delicious food anyway! The mother was elated. “We, InshAllah, shall make all his favorite dishes” the Mother said.” “…and stash them in his fridge using our spare apartment key” added the sister.
They prepared herb crusted chicken and lemon baked fish, honeyed carrots and buttery squashes, steamed snap beans, cheesy macaroni and homemade whole wheat rolls and more. When his mother and sister simply called to wish him “Happy Birthday” the young man was sadened. “Is that all there will be..” he asked.
Yet quickly felt ashamed as he knew both their finances were tight. He left for work, yet while there, his family was busy at his home, loading the food in his fridge. And as a last touch, the sister who loved art made colorful signs so the young man would know what was in each well-wrapped dish.

The young man’s work day had been hard indeed, and he was exhausted, too exhaused to even visit his Mother’s or sister’s to eat. He went straight home, prayed and after having a nap, realized just HOW hungry he was. “There is nothing in my fridge except baking soda and water…..” he muttered to himself.” “Why I am even bothering I donot know….” Then he opened the fridge and was verwhelmed by what he saw. He opened one dish after another, unable to beleive his good fortune. He prepared himself a plate and dined like a king.
“Surely, this is the best present I have ever received from my family…….”
And when next he saw them, he told them so. He anticipated the end of his work day, knowing that at home he had the most delicious foods already prepared for him, with such skill and love. With this true story, please know that the best gifts are the most memorable becuase they consist of simple, but honest means and hearts overflowing with love.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
22-09-2010, 07:30 PM
A Pond of Milk

Once there was a king who told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So, the pond should be full of milk by the morning. After receiving the order, everyone went home. One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back. In the morning, the king came to visit the pond and to his surprise the pond was only filled with water! What has happened is that everyone was thinking like the other man that “I don’t have to put the milk, someone else will do it.”

Dear friends, when it comes to help the Religion of Allah, do not think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from you, if you don’t do it, no one else will do it. So, change yourself to the way of Allah to serve Him and that will make the difference.
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية power on
power on
عضو فعال
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 25-10-2009
  • الدولة : الجزائر
  • المشاركات : 486
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

• power on is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية power on
power on
عضو فعال
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

الصورة الرمزية Redeem
Redeem
عضو متميز
24-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Be careful of whom you associate with.

A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry Him on his back across a river. “Are you crazy?” exclaimed the Turtle.

“You’ll sting me while I’m swimming and I’ll drown.” “My dear turtle,” laughed the scorpion, “if I were to sting you, You would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?”

“You’re right!” cried the turtle. “Hop on!” The scorpion Climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a Mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said: “Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there’d be no Logic in your stinging me. Then why did you do it?” “It has nothing to do with logic,” the drowning scorpion sadly replied. “It’s just my character.”

Be careful of whom you associate with.
مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

الساعة الآن 11:16 PM.