• معدل تقييم المستوى :

• karimneo is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية karimneo
karimneo
عضو فعال
أول مسلم سيصوم رمضان في الفضاء
21-09-2007, 08:45 AM
منقول عن موقع إسلام أون لين

STAR CITY, Russia — Malaysia's soon-to-be first astronaut is looking forward to observing the holy fasting month of Ramadan in space.

"As a Muslim I do hope to do my responsibilities. I do hope to fast in space," Muszaphar Shukor told reporters on Thursday, September 20, from the Russian Cosmonaut Training Center Star City, reported Agence France Presse (AFP).

The 35-year-old doctor has been training at Star City for the last year alongside army dentist Faiz Khaleed, a back-up astronaut who is also a Muslim.

Muszaphar is expected to travel to the International Space Station (ISS) aboard a Russian Soyuz rocket on October 10 in a 11-day space mission before returning to Earth.

He is confident that Islam's flexibility could always help him if he found difficulties observing his religious duties in space.

"Of course if we can't do our responsibilities in space we're allowed to do it when we come back," he explained.

"Islam is very lenient."

After unveiling the plan of sending the first astronaut into space, Malaysian scholars and scientists spent the past year working on a guideline for Muslim astronauts.

It leaves it up to the astronauts to decide whether to fast Ramadan or make up for it after return.

During the holy month, adult Muslims, save the sick and those traveling, abstain during daylight hours from food, drink, smoking and sex.

The 20-page guidebook also addresses aspects related to Muslims' daily prayers, washing rituals required before prayer and what to do if there is no halal food.

Gagarin

Muszaphar's inspiration to be an astronaut was Yury Gagarin, the Soviet national who was the first human in space.

"I remember when I was a child I read a lot about him," he said.

"He has inspired me so much in my life and I can see how he inspired all the Russians."

Like Gagarin, Muszaphar hopes to pass on his enthusiasm to other Malaysians.

"I do hope to become like Yury Gagarin and to spark an interest among the Malaysian people, especially school children."

Muszaphar will be the ninth Muslim to cross the 100-km boundary above Earth, considered to be the defining line for outer space.

Malaysia is planning a comprehensive coverage of the experience.

There will be a round-the-clock teleconference dedicated for connecting Muszaphar to his country.

Malaysian students from several selected schools will be motivated to increase their interests in science and technology through a radio link-up with him.

Muslim heavyweight Malaysia has launched last October Southeast Asia's first space center.

The country is also planning to send its first astronaut to the Moon by 2020.

و الله إنه فخر للمسلمين
"Minds are like parachutes they only work when they're open."
  • ملف العضو
  • معلومات
الصورة الرمزية sadosoft
sadosoft
عضو مبتدئ
  • تاريخ التسجيل : 19-09-2007
  • المشاركات : 11
  • معدل تقييم المستوى :

• sadosoft is on a distinguished road
الصورة الرمزية sadosoft
sadosoft
عضو مبتدئ
رد: أول مسلم سيصوم رمضان في الفضاء
23-09-2007, 12:52 AM
الحمد لله عاد اسم الإسلام يرتفع من جديد
موضوع مغلق
مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع
عشر وسائل لإستقبال رمضان وعشر حوافز لإستغلاله
الساعة الآن 08:29 AM.